The simply great brew crew at Drake’s Brewing, one of the older brewing joints in Cali, have been making a very solid Drake’s IPA for a long time. But with the current popularity of the citrusy IPAs with a big nose, they have just come out with Aroma Coma. Not surprisingly given their top-of-the-craft status, they knocked it out of the park. It is the current “it beer” in LA, available at only the best beer bars.
- 22Bomb: Episode 1: Drake’s Brewing Co. Aroma Coma with Gabbi Chan
- SFoodie: “Celebrate 25 Years of John Martin’s Beers with 40 Taps, Including Rarities”
- Beers in Paradise: Crawlin’ in L.A.
Jace Milstead, a cicerone at Firestone Walker, called Aroma Coma a “must-try” and even walked over to the Golden Gopher on his break from pouring beers at Seven Grand to try it. Aroma Coma’s seemingly modest 6.7% ABV distinguishes it from some of the other big, dry-hopped IPAs on tour at the Crawl, but so does its pleasantly unexpected smoothness and mellowed-out finish.
- Huffington Post: 60 Beers at LA Craft Beer Crawl—Check out #8. Our very own 1500.
- Better Beer Blog: Drake’s Brewing Summer Soiree Recap
- LA Weekly tries Aroma Coma at L.A. Craft Beer Crawl—Photo Gallery
- Patch-Drake’s Brewing helps raise $3000 for San Leandro schools
- Better Beer Blog on Drake’s Brewmaster’s Dinner at the California Cafe
- Brewed for Thought on Drake’s Barrel House
- LA Weekly- Top 10 California Pale Ales– Drake’s 1500 Makes #1
- Drake’s Barrel House: Barrel-Aged Beer Tasting Oasis
- Into the Drink: Some Firsts at Drake’s
- Drake’s Denogginizer IIPA– “Fit for the Royals”
- East Bay Beer Examiner- Drake’s Barrel House Raises the Bar in San Leandro
- LA Weekly- Drake’s is named 2nd in LA Weekly’s Top Ten American Craft Beers of Summer
This pale is more like a light, hoppy IPA, but without all the alcohol. In fact, it was originally designed to be a sessionable IPA. Only 5.5% abv and so good on a sunny day with the sweet aroma of pine and citrus. Probably the best pale ale in the world. Enough said.
- Drake’s Throws Old Fashioned Pig Roast
- Drake’s Hopocalypse wins 3rd place out of 57 brews at The Bistro’s 11th Annual IIPA Festival
- Drake’s receives an award for Denogginizer at The Good Food Awards
- KFOG and 21st Amendment’s Shaun O’Sullivan Talk Beer
- Diablo Magazine – Artisan Beers in the East Bay
- Beer & Nosh – Mostly Barrel-Aged Dinner, SF Beer Week
- Beer & Nosh – Barrel Blending at Drake’s
- From the Chop Bar Blog
- Brewed for Thought on Drake’s Aroma Coma Ale
- Better Beer Blog Visits Drake’s
- Craneway Blog talks about Drake’s
- Drakes Brewing Co at The Full Pint
From the Archives:
Some Beer Reviews: