On the First Friday of every month, we here at Drake’s open our doors (or more accurately our outdoor lot) to friends, family and our local community to benefit a worthy local cause. With all of our beers on tap and a couple seasonal beers too, music on the speakers and great food from a local food truck or vendor cooking in the corner, the night takes on the vibe of a fantastic monthly block party with all our friends and neighbors. From old friends and family to Drake’s newbies, all are welcome to come and mingle outside and enjoy a favorite Drake’s beer. Major Bonus: all the fun benefits local schools and non-profits. Make sure you make it to our next First Friday for a great cause and a good time outside our brewery.
Next First Friday
Join us on Friday, June 3rd from 4-8pm for our First Friday with a twist!
We’ll be releasing 6-packs of Kick Back IPA, our brand new summer brew benefitting the East Bay Regional Parks Foundation. For every six-pack of this hoppy session beer you buy, the brewery will make a donation to help fund trail restoration projects at East Bay parks.
The Regional Parks Foundation was started in 1969 to support the East Bay Regional Park District. The Foundation’s mission is to support our Regional Parks and provides broader public access, resource protection and preservation, education and recreational programs, and the acquisition of parklands. One of the top priorities is to ensure that underserved populations have equal access to the East Bay Regional Park District’s parks, trails, programs, and services.
Make Kick Back IPA an accessory to your adventure this summer and show your local parks some love!
- $5 per person voluntary donation, to the non-profit organization we are supporting, at the gate. (Children with their parents free)
- $16 for a Drake’s tasting glass and 3 tokens for 3 full pours. Additional tokens can be purchased separately ($4 each, with net proceeds going to the non-profit).
- Feel free to bring in your own previously-purchased Drake’s glassware to use. Other glassware not accepted.
- Great food from local food trucks (or our fundraiser group) available for purchase. From BBQ to Korean to Paella, there’s something different (and delicious) every month.
- Please park in the main West Gate Center lot, in front of Walmart & Sports Authority, and walk back to the brewery. First Friday takes up the front parking area of our Barrel House taproom.
- 32+ taps flowing, pouring year-round beers, seasonals, specials, firkins, and anything else we’re brewing up that month.
- 21 and over please, except children under 16 with their parents, but please, leave your pets at home.
- Please do respect our neighbors and their customers in the West Gate Center.
- Feel free to bring your own lawn chairs or other seating to make yourself comfortable (tail-gater style!).
- The Barrel House is open for normal service from 12-3pm on First Fridays, and then 3-6pm for beer to go.
Sign up for our e-newsletter, and we will email you all the details before each Friday event.
Click here for directions.