On the First Friday of every month, we here at Drake’s open our doors (or more accurately our outdoor lot) to friends, family and our local community to benefit a worthy local cause. With all of our beers on tap and a couple seasonal beers too, music on the speakers and great food from a local food truck or vendor cooking in the corner, the night takes on the vibe of a fantastic monthly block party with all our friends and neighbors. From old friends and family to Drake’s newbies, all are welcome to come and mingle outside and enjoy a favorite Drake’s beer. Major Bonus: all the fun benefits local schools and non-profits. Make sure you make it to our next First Friday for a great cause and a good time outside our brewery.
Next First Friday
Friday, September 2nd we’ll be tipping back pints to raise funds for the San Leandro Scholarship Foundation. Founded in 1967, the San Leandro Scholarship Foundation is a non-profit that supports graduating seniors from our local San Leandro public high schools. They raise funds to grant scholarships to students headed to four-year universities, junior colleges, and trade schools. In it’s first year, SLSF awarded a total of $1,690 in scholarships. Currently, they award about $130,000 in scholarships each year.
More information on the food trucks soon!
- $5 per person voluntary donation, to the non-profit organization we are supporting, at the gate. (Children with their parents free)
- $16 for a Drake’s tasting glass and 3 tokens for 3 full pours. Additional tokens can be purchased separately ($4 each, with net proceeds going to the non-profit).
- Feel free to bring in your own previously-purchased Drake’s glassware to use. Other glassware not accepted.
- Great food from local food trucks (or our fundraiser group) available for purchase. From BBQ to Korean to Paella, there’s something different (and delicious) every month.
- Please park in the main West Gate Center lot, in front of Walmart & Sports Authority, and walk back to the brewery. First Friday takes up the front parking area of our Barrel House taproom.
- 32+ taps flowing, pouring year-round beers, seasonals, specials, firkins, and anything else we’re brewing up that month.
- 21 and over please, except children under 16 with their parents, but please, leave your pets at home.
- Please do respect our neighbors and their customers in the West Gate Center.
- Feel free to bring your own lawn chairs or other seating to make yourself comfortable (tail-gater style!).
- The Barrel House is open for normal service from 12-3pm on First Fridays, and then 3-6pm for beer to go.
Sign up for our e-newsletter, and we will email you all the details before each Friday event.
Click here for directions.