Assistant General Manager
The Assistant General Manager serves as the right hand to the general manager. The AGM is responsible for the day-to-day operations of our restaurant, including the supervision, scheduling, development, and the performance management of our employees. The ideal candidate is someone who can weather the whirlwind of running a restaurant, while staying focused, energized & attentive to the needs of their team.
Type: Full-time & Exempt
Reports to: General Manager
Staffing & Staff Needs
- Responsible for scheduling of floor staff & controlling floor labor to maximize sales.
- Responsible for the hiring, supervision & development of staff.
- Provide direction to team regarding operational & procedural issues.
- Strong ability to diffuse difficult guest situations and adapt to guest circumstances or needs.
- Oversee all FOH staff members to ensure friendly and efficient customer service and guest experience in all areas.
- Review service procedures and implement positive changes where necessary.
- Explore ways to create more attentive service and implement.
- Oversee service training with floor staff.
- Provide a presence in the local community through community event activities and local donations.
Finance & Administration
- Work to increase sales through increased customer service and minimizing errors.
- Work to actively increase profitability by minimizing costs, including food, beverage, supply, utilities, and labor.
- Prepares daily reports to monitor all financial, inventory and cash-handling aspects of the operations.
- 2-3 years of bar & restaurant management experience
- 2-3 year of scheduling & floor managing experience
- Experience in working with various vendors and placing/receiving orders
- Experience in POS management
- Basic excel and restaurant accounting knowledge