The Assistant General Manager is responsible for maintaining all areas of the restaurant and reporting to the General Manager with observations and recommendations. This position requires a comprehensive understanding of the operational structure of Drake’s Dealership, strong leadership and problem-solving skills, and the ability to multi-task, delegate, and motivate.
Reports to: General Manager
Type: Full-time, Exempt
Pay: Salary, $60 – $65,000
- Scheduling of floor staff to ensure appropriate staffing from shift to shift and season to season.
- Control floor and bar labor to maximize sales and minimize labor
- Develop staff by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting department meetings and performance reviews
- Oversee all FOH staff members to ensure friendly and efficient customer service and guest “experience” in all areas
- Review service procedures and implement positive changes where necessary
- Conduct service training with floor staff on an on-going basis with at least one formal service training every 3-6 months for servers, runners, and bar staff
- Daily sales reconciliation, deposits, reports, and banking
- Work to actively increase profitability by minimizing costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor
- Minimum of 2 years of managerial experience in hospitality industry
- Demonstrated experience in managing a staff of 10 or more individuals
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role with strong skills in bar operations
- Demonstrated experience in training front of house employees
- Strong analytical skills to interpret financial statements/budgets
- Strong communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal, leadership and team-building skills.
- High standards in customer service.
- Experience using Digital Dining (POS) preferred
Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance.
Eligible to participate in 401(k) – with employer match.