We are looking for a highly motivated Banquets Lead to join our team at the Barn! This role will function as the lead for our banquet events working & leading the events from start to finish. The role will oversee in-house events from set-up to breakdown, assist in the training & scheduling of banquet servers, and stay in communication with our guests to ensure their satisfaction with their planned event.
Reports to: Banquets Manager
Type: Full-time, Non-Exempt
- Respond to all banquet emails in a timely manner and schedule walkthroughs of the property with potential guests.
- Respond to all emails inquiring about groups over 24 and up to 50 guests.
- Placing BEO’s for day-of events in designated areas as well as communicating to all staff about what to expect based on their assigned station.
- Work with the Banquet Manager, management team & Back-of-House to assist with in-house banquet events.
- Schedule staffing as needed based on packages purchased by guests.
- Maximize opportunities for upselling during events.
- Ensure all banquet utensil/plate kits are restocked and clean. That the banquet storage cabinet is organized and all banquet equipment is properly maintained.
- Ensure all banquet equipment is accounted for in the inventory excel spreadsheet and kept up to date for ordering.
- Prior experience in a similar role
- A multi-tasker who is familiar with reservation platforms
- Experience with POS systems, tablets & other electronic devices
- Proficient understanding of opening and closing a bar