Barrel Program Production Assistant II
The Barrel Program Production Assistant II plays an integral role in our Barrel Program. This position will work directly with our Specialty & Barrel Program Director in advancing our innovative barrel program, from handling all aspects of the cold side treatment of barrel aged beers, from oak to package. This position will also assist with brewing and development of specialty and barrel aged beers.
Reports to: Barrel Program Manager
Pay: Hourly, Non-Exempt
- Racking, Dumping and Rinsing Barrels
- Cleaning tanks both manually and CIP/SIP
- Working safely with chemicals
- Helps brewing beers for barrel aging
- Adding finings, process aids or ingredients to tanks and barrels
- Helps package BA beers, filling, labeling, wax dipping
- Helps with monitoring barrels, tasting and blending the final product.
- Works collaboratively with BA director on small batch recipe development and blending
- Performing all tasks according to SOP
- Performing all necessary recordkeeping
- Maintaining a clean working environment
- Adhering to all safety regulations at all times
- Participate in taproom, production and ‘89 club events
- 2 years of experience brewing and knowledge of fermentation practices, preferred
- Fluent understanding of barrel-aging process, from fermentation, maturation to post-fermentation ingredients.
- Fluent understanding of handling, sanitizing, repairs and reuse of cooperage.
- Full knowledge of classic beer styles and experience tasting critically for blending preferred.
- Strong focus on quality, safety, and efficiency
- Good communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Basic computer skills (word processing and email)
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work well individually and with a team
- Ability to operate a forklift and/or pallet jack