Digital Marketing Specialist
Type: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to : Director of Marketing
The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for creating, maintaining, and publishing marketing content on all digital channels to promote Drake’s beer. This is a creative role that’s always seeking new ways to cultivate an audience, increase brand awareness, and drive beer sales.
^^ To be considered, applicants are asked to submit a portfolio which should demonstrate photo, video, design and/or copywriting skills. ^^
- You will own digital content creation, from capturing creative photos & videos to generating graphics for social media publication, advertising, and our website.
- Manage our social media! Not only will you manage our content and platforms, you will maintain our content calendar, set goals and track KPIs.
- Develop our marketing campaigns. Plan & define strategy for integrated marketing campaigns to reach and excite consumers.
- Design & publish emails to promote beer brands and retail activations. Develop & implement tactics to increase audience size.
- Keep Drake’s website fresh and up-to-date.
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, communication, or creative art, but will consider alternate experience in a comparable role.
- Versed with publishing content on social media platforms that’s optimized for engagement, including hashtags, geolocation, and other strategies. Eagerness to explore and experiment with new social tools and trends.
- Intermediate experience using the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro (or experience using comparable tools).
- Photo and video techniques that demonstrate a strong understanding of good composition, color, timing, and lighting. Phone photo skills are important, but experience using professional cameras is preferred.
- Writing that’s fun, inspires curiosity, provokes laughter, and clearly communicates in a voice that’s consistent with the identity of Drake’s Brewing.
- Project management and advanced planning habits that are timely and achieve results.
- Uninhibited creative thinking that pushes boundaries and finds new ways to describe, illustrate, and tell engaging brand stories without fear of failure.
- Familiarity with CA ABC regulations that impact social media marketing is a plus.
- Appreciation for craft beer and awareness of styles, flavor profiles, and industry/customer culture.
In addition, the ideal candidate will:
- Be a fan of analytical tools to regularly document and report on marketing metrics.
- Have top-notched customer services skills from fielding questions, complaints, to answering FAQs. You’ll be an ace at managing customer expectations.
- Communicate in a way that is concise & clear. Timely, as well!
- Be a leader to build & communicate a vision amongst team members, colleagues, and management.
- Excel at collaboration.