The Head Chef at Drake’s: The Barn will oversee & manage the daily operations of the kitchen. This position is responsible for menu creation, employee development, and maintaining the highest standard of food quality. We’re looking for someone who has a creative mind, a keen eye for details, and a passion for leadership.
Reports to: GM
Type: Full-time, Exempt
- Direct kitchen operations, including food preparation, cooking, and cleanup
- Plan creative menus and set prices, adjusting as needed based on the availability of ingredients
- Maintaining acceptable costs in food, kitchen labor, and other controllable items.
- General kitchen staff management which includes scheduling and employee development
- Assign tasks; train & supervise cooks in the preparation and presentation of food
- Collaborate with GM to align kitchen operations with goals for the restaurant.
- Maintain vendor relationships & sourcing new vendors
- Maintain kitchen equipment; schedule repairs and additional maintenance as needed
- 3+ years of experience managing a high-volume kitchen
- Significant experience as a chef, in addition to experience as a sous chef or line cook
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and manage kitchen operations
- Demonstrated experience in handling complex personnel matters
- Demonstrate experience in labor & food cost management
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with management, owners, and team members
- Strong attention to detail to maintain the highest food quality standards
- Ability to remain productive while being pulled in multiple directions