We are hiring a Lead Reservationist at The Barn in West Sacramento. The Lead Reservationist is responsible for planning and managing reservations and banquets. This will entail a large degree of communication, as well as providing high-quality customer service. We are seeking candidates who have a passion for craft beer, hospitality, and who can thrive in fun but busy restaurant environment.
Reports to: GM and Assistant GM
Type: Hourly, Non-Exempt, Tips included
Pay: $16.00 per hour; $17.50 per hour plus tips
- Respond to general inquiries, Sales account reservations, fire pit rentals, reservation adjustments or cancellations via email and Tock. Use pre-written “scripts” to make sure consistent information is given to every guest
- Collaborate on ways to improve service and communicate where training is needed
- Confirm reservations on Tock, respond to questions, and organize seating for the day
- Mediate guest concerns in a fair and hospitable manner
- Provide friendly and welcoming service to each guest
- Provide a positive example to staff by following all Drake’s policies
- Be knowledgeable about all food and beverages served
- Pouring beer, wine, and other alcoholic beverages responsibility and properly in order to ensure the highest quality of product and the highest level of responsibility
- Provide support to all areas of the space as needed
- Maintain contact with kitchen staff, Management, and FOH staff to ensure customers’ concerns are addressed
- Collaborate with Management on deep cleanings, inventory, menu planning, promotion execution, etc.
- Participate in regular meetings with Management
- Complete all projects assigned by Management staff in a thorough and timely manner
- Familiarity with reservation platforms
- Proficient understanding of draft systems and line cleaning procedures
- Proficient understanding of opening and closing a bar
- Competent in all FOH roles
- Ability to change kegs and properly receive orders
- Experience with POS systems
- Proficient beer knowledge: styles, flavor profiles, etc.
- Proficient knowledge of your locations beverages: spirits, cocktails, Non-alcoholic beverages, cider, etc.
- Experience in running an efficient, high-volume well
- High-level of verbal and written communication
- Ability to competently use tablets and other electronic devices
- Ability to obtain Food Handlers Certificate
- Ability to obtain Responsible Beverage Service (RBS) Certificate