Reports to: Owner
Type: Exempt, Full-Time
Pay: $95,000 – $120,000 per year
The Marketing Director will collaborate with company leadership to lead the marketing team in generating and executing fresh and exciting marketing campaigns for a top 10 Northern California craft brewery. This role requires a strong strategic vision, experience delivering outstanding creative concepts through next-level design and visual storytelling, creative background as well as the ability to lead a team and develop marketing talent. The ideal candidate will be familiar with craft beer and the industry.
The Marketing Director at Drake’s Brewing Company is an innovative, forward-thinking, and highly skilled leader of the creative strategy and marketing activities of both the Drake’s & Bear Republic brands. Areas of focus include creative directions, brand management, copywriting, content creation, media, public relations & advertising.
- Strategize and lead the brand positioning to help drive the brand’s profitability
- Ability to deliver assets on time and within budget
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and target audience to effectively develop breakthrough campaigns that help Drake’s Brewing Company achieve our overarching business goals and drive consumer demand
- Develop and lead the creative vision for Drake’s Brewing Company across all channels, including print, digital, video, and social media
- Direct the production of all creative assets, including photoshoots, videos, packaging designs and marketing collateral, ensuring they are delivered on time, within budget and to the highest quality
- Develop effective PR plans. Influence how Drake’s customers perceive the brewery by integrating Drake’s beers and stories into engaging, informative and memorable content within the web, social media, email marketing, video and interactive promotions.
- Manage and mentor teams by creating a collaborative environment where all members thrive and ensure that their work is aligned with the Company values
- Organize, prioritize and delegate projects and responsibilities within the team, provide clear direction and ensure strong communication with the leadership team
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices to identify new opportunities and innovations for Drake’s Brewing Company’s creative strategy
- Manage budgets and resources effectively, ensuring that creative projects are delivered on time, within scope and on budget
- Craft beer knowledge strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Graphic Design, Communications, Marketing, Operations, Supply Chain/Supply Planning or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 8 years creative experience in art direction, design, digital with agency and brand
- At least 3 years people management experience across Marketing functions
- Brand building experience in a CPG or beverage area. Craft beer experience is a plus. Strong project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite & familiarity with project management software
- Demonstrated ability to manage deadlines & schedules and must be able to balance multiple priorities effectively
- Proven experience in managing and leading creative teams to deliver outstanding work across multiple channels, including digital, print, and video
- Strategic thinker with the ability to balance creative vision with business objectives and ROI
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and inspire cross-functional teams and external partners
- Experience performing work that is complex and varied in nature, requiring frequent evaluation, originality or ingenuity
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk, use a computer and other office equipment.
- Graphic Design Skills: Experienced in Adobe Creative Suite
- Interpersonal Skills: Consistently seeks to align themselves to the strategic, financial and cultural plans of the company.
- Problem Solving: Defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Communication: Fosters an entrepreneurial atmosphere that supports continuous improvement, creativity, resourcefulness and a get it done mentality while consistently expressing gratitude and contributions of others.
- Concrete Organizational Skills: the ability to understand the immediate, concrete needs of a situation and to establish an effective action plan for meeting those needs.