Part-time Route Driver
Drake’s Brewing Company is looking to fill an entry-level route driver position. We’re looking for someone who wants to be the face of Drake’s at our accounts and someone who has a positive attitude, who is hardworking, honest and reliable.
The part-time entry-level route driver is responsible for keeping our self-distribution accounts stocked with beer. The delivery of our kegged and bottled product is only one aspect of this role. A route driver is also responsible for product inventory and merchandise display, at our chain accounts in the Santa Clara county distribution area.
- Pick, pull, organize orders as needed, while accounting for inventory
- Delivering product to accounts located in Santa Clara county
- Merchandising product from the back room to the sales floor and ensuring back-room inventory reaches the sales floor
- Rotating products and removing defective and out-of-date; tidying up shelves and displays
- Establish and maintain positive customer relations
- Inspects and operates all vehicles in a responsible and safe manner, and regularly cleans and maintains vehicles and equipment
- Ensure all required reports & invoices and documents are collected and turned in to ensure accurate tracking of delivered items.
- Valid CA driver’s license (Class C), with clean driving record, is required
- Can drive and operate a 20-ft bobtail delivery truck
- Experience and ability to transport, handle and/or lift 75+ lbs
- Ability to effectively communicate with accounts and with coworkers
- Ability to walk, drive, and lift and carry heavy items for extended periods
- Be able to bend, stretch & pull items for extended periods
- Willingness to adhere to assigned routes, schedules, safety procedures, and transportation laws.
- Strong time management and demonstrated customer service skills