Type: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: QA/QC Manager
The QC / QA Technician is a valuable role at Drake’s Brewing Company. This role is critical to ensuring the quality of our beer. To do this, the Technician performs and analyzes all finished goods, materials, and processes to ensure they meet our standards.
- Verify CIPs by performing microbiological testing on wort, beer, water, and equipment.
- Analyzing beer and wort, including but not limited to: pH, color, turbidity, VDK, AE, and IBU.
- Help perform packaging lab tests, as needed.
- Collect samples as necessary for laboratory testing.
- Help manage yeast; including counting, viability testing, and pitch assignment as needed.
- Performing basic malt testing.
- Perform testing on water samples.
- Performing all tasks according to SOP.
- Adhering to all safety regulations at all times.
- Provide on-the-job training for employees.
- Knowledge on how to use, maintain, and repair all lab instruments.
- Performing all necessary recordkeeping and summarizing/presenting findings as needed.
- Undergraduate degree in chemistry, microbiology, food science or equivalent
- 1 years professional experience in a quality laboratory. Industry related experience is preferred.
- Proficient in microbiology and chemistry techniques.
- Understanding of the brewing process.
- Strong focus on quality, safety, and efficiency.
- Good organizational, analytical skills, and demonstrated experience in training lab staff.
- 21 years of age or more
- Good communication skills in English, both verbal and written, including technical writing.
- Skilled with computers (word processing, spreadsheets, email, etc.)
- Ability to work both alone and as a team.
- Ability to follow complex instructions to a high level of detail and precision.