’89 Club members are invited to our Sour Beer Extravaganza on Thursday, April 13th from 5-8pm! We’ll be kicking off the night with the release of Brette Citron, an American sour blonde ale with Buddha’s Hand. This refreshing beer drinks dry, with moderate tartness, a bit of funk, floral notes, and hints of red wine and citrus.
After you stock up on your bottles, stick around to chat beers, bugs, and whatever else you’d like with us and other club members, all while enjoying delicious sour beers. Barrel Master Travis Camacho has dug through his cellar and emerged with several gloriously funky treasures to create a sour beer flight exclusive to ’89 Club members (and a plus one, if you so choose). Here’s what’s in the flight:
- Brette Davis Eyes • American Sour Ale aged in Cabernet Barrels
- Kiwi Weisse • Berliner-Weisse style ale with 300lbs of pureed kiwis added
- Brette Citron • The bottle release of the night, and an American Sour Ale aged in Cabernet Barrels with Buddha’s Hand zest added
- Tart Breaker • Brand new release that will be going into bottles later this year. An American Sour Blonde aged in one HUGE demi-muid barrel with raspberries and cherries added
- Brette Set Go • American Sour Ale aged in Cabernet Barrels and infused with Sumatran Coffee.
And because we’re convinced that no event is complete without snacks, we’ll be serving up a platter of tasty cheese & charcuterie to pair with the tongue tingling sour beers. Camacho and crew will be on hand from 5-8pm to chat about beer, cheese, pro-wrestling (have you heard about Macho Man Razzy Savage?), and spilling industry secrets after they’ve had a few drinks.
The Brass Tacks
Cost for members is $20, cost for your +1 is $25. The event includes the full flight, and a cheese & charcuterie board (or just cheese for any vegetarians in the house). If you’d like to attend please RSVP for you and your plus one at email@example.com (RSVP not mandatory but appreciated).
Bottles of Brette Citron are $15.99 with a 4 bottle limit for members. Reserve your bottles before the release by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drake’s Barrel Reserve Club
UPDATE: Memberships are sold out for 2017! Be sure to check back in December to reserve your spot in the ’89 Club for 2018.
- Two ’89 Club glasses
- ’89 Club 1 liter growler, with first fill free
- A bottle of Cherryland- A Blonde Sour aged on Heirloom Cherries
- ’89 Club Membership card
- Exclusive access to all beers for growler fills, otherwise not available for growler, for all of 2017
- Access to Barrel Reserve bottled beers one week before general public
- Access to exclusive Barrel House beers at ’89 Club events
- First to know about beer releases, events, and breaking news
- 10% off on Drake’s merchandise at Drake’s Barrel House
- Free VIP upgrades at select brewery events
- First right of acceptance for 2018 membership
Glassware, and Growlers
Each member will receive two glasses, and a customized growler exclusive to members. Growlers and glassware cannot be purchased without a membership. If a member breaks his or her growler, he or she will be charged for a replacement.
Members will have exclusive access to all beers for growler fills, otherwise not available for growler, for all of 2017. Growler fills will cost between $25-$35 dollars depending on the type of beer. Members may only use their designated ’89 Club growler for beer exclusive to members for growler fills.
Membership ID Card
Membership includes a personalized, non-transferrable, membership card. Members must present this card in the Tasting Room to receive the 10% discount. Membership cards will be going out at the end of March but in the meantime the fine folks at the Drake’s Barrel House have your names on file to make sure you’re getting your discount.
Members of ’89 Club will receive a 10% discount on Drake’s merchandise at Drake’s Barrel House. The discount does not extend to any other Drake’s retail outlets and will not apply for future memberships dues or bottle purchases.
’89 Club members will also be subscribed to our newsletter and privy to insider info on bottle releases, event information, and other Drake’s Brewing Co. information.
As a member of the ’89 Club in 2017, you will have the first right to enroll in the ’89 Club for 2018. Membership details and merchandise may change year to year.
- Each person may only have one valid membership at a time
- Memberships are not refundable
- Membership benefits begin January 1st, 2017
- Memberships will be valid until December 31st, 2017
- Members must be 21 years of age or older
- All beer purchases and growler fills must be made by ’89 Club members in person in our tasting room in San Leandro