Long before First Fridays were ubiquitous with Oakland’s Art Murmur, we’ve been using the occasion to open up the brewery to new and old friends and raise some funds to support our local community with a raucous party starting at 4pm. With all of our beers on tap and a couple seasonal beers too, music on the speakers and great food from a local food truck, the night takes on the vibe of a fantastic monthly block party with all our friends and neighbors. From old friends and family to Drake’s newbies, all are welcome to come and mingle outside and enjoy a favorite Drake’s beer. Major Bonus: all the fun benefits local schools and non-profits. Make sure you make it to our next First Friday for a great cause and a good time outside our brewery.
NEXT FIRST FRIDAY
This month, May 5th @4pm, we’ll be raising pints and cash for Girls Inc. Their comprehensive approach to whole girl development equips girls to navigate gender, economic, and social barriers and grow up healthy, educated, and independent. Your ENTIRE donation at the door, and proceeds from every beer you purchase will go to help fund research-based informal education programs that encourage girls to take risks and master physical, intellectual and emotional challenges.
First Friday falls on Cinco de Mayo this month, so of course we had to get a taco truck. We’ll be welcoming our friends at Cañasta Kitchen who’ll be fulfilling our desires for tacos, nachos, flautas, burritos, and so much more!
- $5 per person voluntary donation, to the non-profit organization we are supporting, at the gate. (Children with their parents free)
- $16 for a Drake’s tasting glass and 3 tokens for 3 full pours. Additional tokens can be purchased separately ($4 each, with net proceeds going to the non-profit).
- Feel free to bring in your own previously-purchased Drake’s glassware to use. Other glassware not accepted.
- Great food from local food trucks (or our fundraiser group) available for purchase. From BBQ to Korean to Paella, there’s something different (and delicious) every month.
- Please park in the main West Gate Center lot, in front of Walmart & Sports Authority, and walk back to the brewery. First Friday takes up the front parking area of our Barrel House taproom.
- 32+ taps flowing, pouring year-round beers, seasonals, specials, firkins, and anything else we’re brewing up that month.
- 21 and over please, except children under 16 with their parents, but please, leave your pets at home.
- Please do respect our neighbors and their customers in the West Gate Center.
- Feel free to bring your own lawn chairs or other seating to make yourself comfortable (tail-gater style!).
- The Barrel House is open for normal service from 12-2pm on First Fridays.
Sign up for our e-newsletter, and we will email you all the details before each Friday event.
Click here for directions.