Spirits and Site Beer Manager
Drake’s at The Barn is a multi-purpose facility featuring a variety of food and beverage outposts, a brewery with a full bar and beer garden. The Bar Manager is a key member of the retail team and will oversee the daily bar operations of The Barn. You will be expected to lead by example, and keep our staff motivated and enthusiastic during busy moments in a fast-paced environment. You will be expected to manage three bar concepts within the property.
Reports to: GM & AGM
Schedule: Full-time, Exempt
Pay: Competitive Salary
• Curating exciting and cost-effective bar menus
• Ensuring bar staff have a thorough knowledge of procedures, products, and company through training, coaching, and testing
• Properly scheduling each bar based on weather, labor projections, local events, holidays, etc.
• Monthly inventory performed accurately and in a timely manner.
• Management of all digital bar related items: inventory sheets, beverage cost sheets, tasting notes for staff, etc.
• Managing the bars during peak periods, ensuring a positive experience for all guests and staff through supervision of all aspects – from beer and food presentation to staff knowledge
• Placing and overseeing orders of all beverages, including house beers, guest beers, N/A beverages, cider, wines, and any other beverages that may be added to The Barn’s menu.
• Beverage inventory and cost control, based on The Barn’s budget
• Receiving, checking, and properly storing all beverage deliveries; Invoices authorized and prepared for prompt payment
• Maintaining the physical appearance of the bar with assistance from the management team and Bar Leads, overseeing bar maintenance and cleanliness, and other responsibilities as assigned.
• A minimum of 1 year of management experience required.
• Experience in multi-concept/multi-location setting required.
• Experience with craft beer & cocktail required
• Experience creating cocktail menus, curating draft lists, and ordering from multiple vendors.
• Cicerone Beer Server Certified.
• High standards of customer service.
• High level of interpersonal, leadership and team skills.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and train employees.
• Strong Google Drive skills: Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.
• POS Back Office Experience (Digital Dining Experience preferred)
• Willingness to learn and adapt to new features, policies, and tools provided by the General Manager and Assistant General Manager.
Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance.
Eligible to participate in 401(k) – with employer match.